Bachelor of Textile Technology Gent
The Belgian textile industry is one of the most advanced and most successful industries in the world. Textile stands for creativity, diversity and advanced technology. The three-year training combines a theoretical knowledge with a practical know-how and will enable students to follow the technological evolution in the textile industry. Students will also develop their social and communicative skills.
As a professional bachelor in the textile technology students may be employed in the following branches of the textile industry: interior textiles, clothing, technical textiles, finishing industry and spinning industry and preparation. The diversity in jobs is enormous: foreman, head of a technical department, representative, salesman, head of quality control …
The aim of the study programme is to produce graduates who are capable of implementing their basic skills, which they have acquired a the University College, in a dynamic business environment in a critical manner. Graduates with a bachelor of textile technology must, as fledgling professionals, be able to anticipate the fast-moving highly-technological textile sector, implement innovations in the production and workers’ organisation with a view to thus contributing to the growth of the business.
With this bachelor’s degree, the graduates can find employment in three areas, both at home and abroad:
The study programme guarantees that the students, upon completion of their professional
bachelor of textile technology master the following three competences:
– analytical and problem-solving thinking ability;
– high level of responsibility;
– an inquisitive mind/learning ability;
– communication: oral and in writing;
– social skills: team player and flexibility.
Graduates with a bachelor of textile technology have the following professional competences that allow them to carry out their tasks appropriately:
– working in a project-based manner (decisiveness, entrepreneurial spirit and initiative, planning and organising);
– quality, safety and environmental awareness;
– creativity/geared to innovation;
– social skills: leadership qualities;
– customer and market orientation.